Debates are another great avenue of proclaiming and defending the Gospel. Debate is a demonstration of the connection between the head, heart, and the wisdom and insight that is gained by fearing the Lord and knowing the Holy One.
Why is Apologetic Debate Important?
- It is scriptural (Acts 17:16-31, 19:8-10, 22:1-21, 23:1-9, 24:10-21, 26:1-29).
- It is evangelistic. This type of activity has the potential to allow you to speak the gospel in settings not ordinary opened to the gospel witness.
- It develops one’s critical listening. It forces one to have to pay attention to the arguments of the other side.
- It demonstrates Christian ethics. Debate affords the opportunity for an apologist to demonstrate a Christ-like concern for the other debater.
- It reinforces sound theology. Debate provides a chance to correct theology and to respond to challenges brought on because of poor theology.
Consider Hosting a Debate
Connect with us if you would like us to help organize a Gospel-centered debate.
Watch And Listen
Resolve: Christianity Has Done More Harm Than Good
Glenstone Baptist Church – Springfield, Missouri – November 17, 2017
Resolve: Is Belief In Christianity Reasonable?
Adolos – Springfield, Missouri – Oct. 10, 2017
Video Provided by Springfield Freethinkers